Wednesday 23 February 2022
Registration and networking
- Adrian Herbert – Managing Editor, Private Equity Media
(Panel discussion) Digital disruption; the omnipresent change agent
Digital disruption is the wind under the wings of most growth strategies. We will discuss how digitisation, including Web3 technologies, is continuing to disrupt business models – and even industries.
(Panel discussion) Specialisation; a growth capital success formula?
- Felix Danziger – Managing Director, HD Partners
- Stephen Panizza – Head of Renewable Energy, Federation Asset Management
- Simon Pither – Partner, Quadrant Private Equity (Lead, Quadrant Growth Fund 2)
- Cheyne Tan – Operating Partner, Potentia
- Moderated by: Sharon Lim – Director of Content, Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA)
Networking Morning Tea
(Presentation) Succession investing
Succession investing typically involves backing the corporatisation of family businesses or other owner-managed enterprises which do not have a succession plan in place. What are the challenges, opportunities and tips to build successful companies with succession investing?
- Jeremy Samuel – Managing Director, Anacacia Capital
(Panel discussion) Healthcare sector opportunities
(Presentation) Building a fund with an ESG focus
Adamantem Capital’s second fund focuses solidly on responsible investing, defined by environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles. Rob will share how this applies to both the selection and management of investments.
- Rob Koczkar – Managing Director, Adamantem Capital
(Panel discussion) Debt funding
Networking Afternoon Tea
(Panel discussion) Introduction to search funds
Search funds are relatively new to Australia but are well established elsewhere as an alternative to venture capital and private equity for financing business development. Over time, search funds have the potential to provide additional investment opportunities for growth investors. Discover more about search funds – the legal and admin structure and implications; the search journey from capital raise to CEO; and the appeal of the search sector from an investor’s perspective.
(Panel discussion) Offshore focus: positioning for global growth
Growth companies typically reach an inflection point where they need to position for global growth. Hear why having the right investors and advisers is essential for successful transition.
- Nicholas Sweeney – Division Director and Head of Macquarie Mid Market